March 3, 2022
The report describes how Epiroc created value for shareholders, customers, and society. Highlights of the year included that:
• High customer activity in combination with increased investment willingness led to record-high orders received. Revenues increased and operating profit and margin were record high, despite challenges with the Covid-19 pandemic and in the supply chain.
• Despite the restrictions, Epiroc was able to keep operations up and running. The strong local presence around the world, particularly in service, made it possible to stay close to and support customers. This strengthened Epiroc’s customer relationships further.
• New service offerings experienced strong growth. These offerings include mid-life services, remanufacturing of components, Batteries as a Service, electrical infrastructure, and subscription fees.
• Epiroc further strengthened its market-leading position in automation. Customers were increasingly willing to invest in automation, including autonomous and remote-controlled fleets. The automation solutions benefit customers by strengthening productivity, improving safety, lowering emissions, and reducting total cost of ownership.
• Epiroc made further progress in the sustainability area. In November, the goals to halve absolute CO2e emissions in own operations and from the use of sold products by 2030 were validated by the Science Based Targets initiative.
• Eight acquisitions were completed, adding about 3% to annual revenues. The acquired companies broaden Epiroc’s offering of solutions for automation, digitalization and electrification, as well as extend the aftermarket offering.
The Annual and Sustainability Report outlines Epiroc’s strengths and goals, including operating model, value creation, as well as the company’s focus areas within sustainability. The report is available at www.epirocgroup.com/en/investors.
For more information please contact:
Ola Kinnander, Media Relations Manager
+46 70 347 2455
Karin Larsson, Vice President Investor Relations
+46 10 755 0106
This information is information that Epiroc AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 13.00 CET on March 3, 2022.
Epiroc is a vital part of a sustainable society and a global productivity partner for mining and infrastructure customers. With ground-breaking technology, Epiroc develops and provides innovative and safe equipment, such as drill rigs, rock excavation and construction equipment and tools for surface and underground applications. The company also offers world-class service and other aftermarket support as well as solutions for automation, digitalization and electrification. Epiroc is based in Stockholm, Sweden, had revenues of SEK 40 billion in 2021, and has more than 15 500 passionate employees supporting and collaborating with customers in more than 150 countries. Learn more at www.epirocgroup.com.